An easy, 7-ingredient (1-pitcher!) recipe for traditional white wine sangria. We hope you all LOVE this citrusy, bright, refreshingly versatile sangria!
Servings 6 (Gluten-Free, Vegan)
1 medium lime (thinly sliced into rounds)
1 medium lemon (thinly sliced into rounds)
1/4 cup organic cane sugar (or sub agave, powdered coconut sugar, maple syrup, or stevia to taste // for drier sangria, omit)
1/2 medium organic green apple (cored, skin on, chopped into small pieces)
1 medium ripe peach or orange (thinly sliced)
1 cup sliced strawberries
1 750-ml bottle dry, crisp white wine (chilled) Watch Hill White
Ice or frozen berries for serving (used frozen blueberries)
First Bite hard cider (optional) (topped off the Sangria in the glass)
Fresh mint (optional-but highly suggest!)
1. Add lime, lemon, and sugar (or other sweeteners) to a large pitcher (or use multiple pitchers if making a larger batch) and muddle with a muddler or gently crush with a wooden spoon for 45 seconds.
2. Add apple, orange (or peach), and strawberries. Stir to incorporate. Then add wine and stir once more.
3. Taste and adjust flavor as needed, adding more sweetener of choice for sweetness, lemon or lime juice for acidity, or fruit. Stir to combine.
4. Add ice or frozen berries and stir once more to chill. Serve as is or with a bit more ice and mint (optional). To dilute the mixture, top off glasses with a bit of First Bite hard cider (optional).
5. Store leftovers covered in the refrigerator for up to 48 hours, though best when enjoyed within the first 1-2 days.